Friday 20 November 2015

72 hour holiday in Tassie

Being on a working holiday visa, I've sometimes found it a little hard to get the work/hol balance just right. The guilts of not working enough are constantly battling with the guilts of only having two years to explore every bit of Australia, and I'm always trying to find the middle man!

With that in mind, I had three days off from serving yoghurt last week, and decided to take a little holiday to Tasmania with my housemates.



We took a flight into Hobart, hired a car and tried to cram in as much as we could in just 72 hours! Despite the weather not being on our side, Tasmania's scenery was bloody beautiful. You could drive for hours, to only be met with miles of rolling hills and just a handful of other cars on the road. 



We drove up to Mount Wellington before heading north to see the Bay of Fires. Having seen so many unreal views over the past couple of years, seeing new scenery still makes me feel pretty lucky and something I try not to take for granted. 




Making new pals and seeing my first Tasmanian devil in Bicheno on day two was definitely the holiday highlight for me:





On the third and final day of our trip, we stayed in Hobart. We visited the MONA Gallery and chilled out in the Botanical gardens. 


After cramming so many activities in, we all felt pretty sleepy before setting off for our flight back - especially Billy, whose public napping had these Chinese tourists a wee bit confused: 


1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this blog post. You seem to have had a great time in New Zealand and have certainly packed a lot into your trip.
    motorhome rentals cairns

    ReplyDelete