Sunday 21 February 2016

Australian Open 2016

How lucky was I to experience a world class tennis match for such a low budget price?! My arrival back to Melbourne after an English Christmas coincided with the opening matches of the Australian Open 2016 and the atmosphere around the city was unreal! 

Having only bought the tickets on the day for a mere $35, my friend Ellen and I were lucky to watch Aussie drama queen Kyrgios play Cuevas from South America at the Hisense Arena.



It was a sweaty affair lacking in strawberries and Pimms, but definitely a once in a life time experience! Ellen and I together just about remembered the rules from both our short but sweet tennis careers in primary school. 

My lasting memories of the sport involve getting forced to play in tournaments against kids from the local private school, and getting completely thrashed at the age of 8. Cheers to my mum for always stopping at McDonald's on the way home to cheer me up after losing each time. So emotionally scarred. 

Anyway, it was such a wonderful evening out, and to have it just at my doorstep made me feel very lucky to live in this amazing city! 

I bloody love Melbourne. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying your blog so much. I found it via a TEFL website as I'm planning on studying the course.

    Lyndsy x

    ReplyDelete