Wednesday 21 May 2014

Last week of term!

School is officially out for summer! I now have three weeks off before summer schools start, and the first week is when my brother Richard's coming to stay! In the two weeks after, I’m flying to Phu Quoc, an island off the south of Vietnam. Apparently there’s not much to do there but lie on the beach – perfect! I need to take a few days away from Saigon and do literally nothing but work on my tan and relax. As you can imagine this city life can sometimes get a bit too much, so expect plenty of boastful beach pictures and posts in the next few weeks.

This week has been my last week of teaching at my main school, Nguyen Hien Primary in District 2. I’ve been teaching here since I first arrived in Vietnam (something I'm very grateful for, as a lot of teachers have had to frequently change schools), and although it has been a tiring and tough 4 months, it has also been a good challenge and experience and I will be sad to say goodbye. 

The students have been so kind, which couldn't have been more welcoming in my first ever teaching position. They made "Goodbye Teacher!" cards in their last lesson. I got them to write down their favourite English word too- to which one student wrote: "My favourite English word is Miss Lizzie". Amazing. I also got a bit snap happy... so take a look at the worlds cutest children below.















So from the 24th May my alarm will be switched off and I shall be catching up on four months’ worth of sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment