Thursday 17 July 2014

Life plan change no. 143

So I've changed my life plan. Again.

Prior to my trip to Thailand I was a little anxious about my dollar situation. Having not predicted how little I'd be earning, going to Thailand was always going to be a little difficult. But on the third day into my trip with Breege, my mum sent me the best text I think i've genuinely ever received! 

A letter had been sent to my parents house from the beautiful tax man saying I'd had an unreal tax rebate from my Ministry of Defence job! The best thing is I wasn't expecting it, and the second best thing is that this couldn't have come at a better time! After Thailand, I was really not looking forward to going back to work as I just wanted to carry on travelling South East Asia. Lucky for me, I can now do this! 

I text my mum back saying something along the lines of "quitting work, carrying on travelling". I think she thought it was a bit of a knee jerk reaction, but though she's probably true, I'm still doing it. Once you're in Asia, it's so so cheap to travel to other places here. I'm never going to have this opportunity again to travel and have such a good lump sum of money, so I'm just going to go with it. And anyway my Vietnamese visa runs out on August 1st so it's pretty good timing. Soooo this is my (rough) plan now:

End of July: Breege visits Saigon, and I then move out of my house.

August: Travelling Laos and Cambodia - if anyone has any tips and advice on where I should go/what I should do that would be great!

September: Back to Saigon to meet my parents. We're travelling up Vietnam together, visiting Hoi An, Ha Noi, Ha Long Bay and maybe Phu Quoc if there's time.

September 27th: I'M MOVING TO AUSTRALIA! 

Yes it's finally official, my working visa has been approved! I had a couple issues, as I'd been living in Vietnam for over 5 months and they wanted me to have some health checks- but I received the official approval yesterday! So my flight is booked from Ha Noi to Melbourne on the 27th of September, where Breege and Sophie will be already. I've got no plans for there as of yet, just that I want to work for the first few months to save up and travel more.



It's safe to say I'm living my dream and I'm not going to let it end any time soon!  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment