Thursday 17 July 2014

The best two weeks in Thailand!

On the 2nd of July I flew to Bangkok for the emotional reunion with my best friend Breege. I hadn't seen her in 6 months so i was literally so so excited! We spent the afternoon catching up and then went to Khao San road that night. That was pretty messy and emotional and after quite a few vodkas we put ourselves to bed.




The next day was grim and my vodka head wasn't great, but we booked onto a 14 hour bus ride down to Phuket, as Breege had already been in Bangkok for 6 days and we both were wanting the beach. Long journeys on sitting buses are obviously never fun, but for 900 Baht to take us half way down the country we couldn't complain. 

We spent three nights in Phuket, not really doing much but sunbathing, eating and drinking. It was good to just chill and catch up on our 6 months apart, even though we speak everyday so it was just a case of repeating everything again! We thought our hostel in Phuket was a bit odd though, people had been living there for months and weren't really doing much but watching films. So that was a bit weird.


Phi Phi Island was the next place we visited, and was about an hour and a half boat ride from Phuket. We spent two nights here - the first night in some proper grimey hostel and the second in a little shack thing on the beach we treated ourselves too. Basically on the first night, Breege thought she got alcohol poisoning (yeah) and I thought I was some kind of stunt woman and burnt myself jumping through a ring of fire, after actually successfully doing the fire skipping rope (sorry Mum). My leg
was fine, but Breege and I thought we'd treat ourselves to somewhere nicer and it was so great and
we even got some free toiletries. Amazing.



















We left Phi Phi on the 9th and took another boat over to Krabi, where we stayed in a wicked hostel called Pak Up. It had been been recommended to Breege and I would definitely recommend it to anyone else staying in Krabi. It used to be a school, so all the hostel rooms are subject names and there are pretty sweet social areas. We met two Scottish girls here on the first night, Victoria and Anna, who we then spent the rest of our time in Thailand with. 

One of the days in Krabi, we took a boat ride with some guy who looked about 90 and he took us to
some caves and this fish place. Our next day in Krabi we took another boat ride to Railey beach. No
exaggeration Breege and I thought we were going to die. The boat man decided to take some shit
route and the boat was literally nearly capsizing. But we got there just about and the beach was beautiful! There was hardly any people there either, as it's low season at the moment, so it really was so chilled making the near-death experience worth it.


















On the Friday we then got up at 5.30 (pretty difficult as we are both such lazy bitches) to catch a bus to Ko Phangan for the Full Moon party. Breege and I were both undecided at the beginning of the trip whether to do it or not, but we were so glad we did, as it was the best part of the trip so far! We stayed in a really wicked hostel called Palio, which had a great outside area with hammocks to be
hanging in. We spent four nights here and met some really great people. It was a messy four nights and hungover four days, and now I'm trying to live at yoga and drink green tea all day to detox. So so worth it though!












Breege stayed in Thailand, and is doing a diving course with Anna and Victoria, whilst I had to come back to Vietnam to sort things out for my Australian visa. My journey back from Ko Phangan  took 26 hours (bus, ferry, bus, train, bus, taxi, plane, taxi) so it was pretty grim and half of that journey was spent sitting next to some Thai lady sniffing glue, which is always a bonus. But I made it back in one piece only to be greeted with some cadburys chocolate from our Vietnamese-Aussie neighbour. What a cutie. 

I loved Thailand so much. The food, people and places we visited were all wicked, but it is good to be back in Vietnam. Breege is visiting Saigon next week some time as her visa doesn't start until the 21st of July, and then I think she's hoping to stay for a week so we can do all the touristy things together. She's then travelling the rest of Vietnam, and I will also be finishing work and leaving Saigon too! My life plan has changed quite a lot in the past two weeks, so take a look at my next post to see what I'm up to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment